Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Why I'm Going Solo-ish

I've started this blog mainly to have a productive (and hopefully lucrative) outlet and time-waster while starting up our company.

I'm starting a computer service company with a friend of mine which covers our local area to troubleshoot and consult for residents and small businesses.  We've just started last month, and currently have one client.

I'd be lying if I said that I'm not in this for the money, because I want to get to the point where I don't have to worry about money ever again.  Not rich, just fairly comfortable.  And my idea of comfortable is a decent living space, an awesome computer, and a fuckton of videogames.  No hookers, no blow, no mansion, slaves, sport cars, gold plated nick-knacks, or dodo eggs.  You know, a college-aged bachelor's pad, but slightly better.

But the main reason I'm doing this is because I'm sick of working for other people.  I'll be the first one to admit this:  I'm a horrible employee.  I've argued with my employers numerous times, I've bitched out customers whom I've believed deserved it, and went out of way to make certain co-workers' and underlings' lives a living hell, simply when I believed they made work for me harder, and I was rarely apologetic about it.  And I regret to this day the time I actually have apologized.

"Sounds like you'd be terrible at running a company."

Probably.  I honestly don't know.  It's not that I don't feel bad about what I've done, but I've spent way more time than I should have contemplating whether or not my actions were justified.  Some of the people I've worked with have been either the dumbest, laziest, or evilest I've encountered.  I'll post anecdotes about them, tell me what you think. 

Maybe I've had bad luck, maybe I don't work well with some people, maybe I'm incompetent.  After racking my brain over why things had been uneasy, I had decided not to trouble myself over it and just focus on my own work.  Hopefully this will give me a change of perspective and motivation that I strongly believe will help me achieve my goals.

I'm not trying to be a rebel or a revolutionary trying to change how things are done in the industry or some big boss who wants to run the show his way and expect people to listen to him, I just want to help people who know less about computers than I do, then get money, get paid.

I'll respect any criticism simply because I know I don't know any better than the average person in the same position, and I'm ready to accept the consequences of any action from here on in.  I want to do the best running this, not just for myself, but for my partner.  He, as well as my potential clients, don't deserve my any trouble just cause of bad experiences with other assholes and retards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment